Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snow Day 2013

Yeah, ok, really snow dayS, since I took two of 'em.  I mean, there has been snow here in Maberga for two days, I didn't decide that.  (for the record there was a lot more snow that is reflected in my photos here.)    What I did decide was to give them both the title "Snow Day".  For me a snow day is not a day in which there is snow. Well, there can be snow but it's not a requirement.  It actually has nothing to do with the weather (though, can frequently be induced by the weather).  A snow day is a state of mind. It's a day when you have to cancel everything you had planned and, well, do whatever you want. I love those days. In fact, I wrote a poem about them because I love them so much.


An ode to the Snow Day

I love you, Snow Day.
You are nothing but fun and play.
A whole free day.
Extra time.
So have another glass of wime.
And make another rhyme.
I love you, Snow Day.



Yeah, ok.  I'll stick to knitting and jewelry.

Oh, and papier mache. 

May I please present....Jalieia



 Jalieia stands about 2 feet tall and very proud.  She's named after a little girl I used to know who also stood quite tall.  Whilst her hair and dress do her namesake justice, her face doesn't yet.  David pointed out to me that she has a very tentative expression in her barely visible features which, naturally, is a direct result of my tentativeness in painting her barely visible features.  She's a bold girl and she'll get a bold face...just as soon as I find some bold courage to paint it.  It's an intimidating thing giving a child a face. 


And do stay tuned to meet her sisters one day soon...


PS.  I was actually sober when I wrote that poem.  Maybe I needn't have mentioned that.

PSS.  If you had wings and the ability to fly would WALK in this?
 

2 comments:

  1. If you had feet and the ability to walk would you still lay down in the snow to make a snow angel? So the answer to your last question is: "Yes"
    Congratulation and compliments to P.M. darling Jalieia. We hope she will get through life in a good way even with a difficult name like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:03 PM

    Jalieia is just lovely. She has personality even without a clearly defined facial features. Her stance and clothing says it all !
    Brenda xx
    (who isn't really anonymous but it's the only way google will let me post ! !)

    ReplyDelete