Monday, October 15, 2012

Seriously, you guys, if we do any more to the house I'll have to stop writing this blog 'cause there won't be anything left to write about...except knitting, of course.  In how many posts over the years have I written about Casa Cornwell's black water (aka: the shit tube)?  Yeah, ok, in reality it's probably only been like 3 or 4 posts.  In 6 years of blogging, that's not so much.  It does, however, seem like a lot more to me because even one problem with a shit tube is really a lot. 

Well, friends, I'm here to tell ya, we bought a house for our black water.  After 8 years of living in this house, we now know where our poop goes.  What a feeling.

It now goes in here...

which is buried here
Yep, there's Augusto working hard.  He's the one on the right....outside of the hole, holding no tools.  He's more of an "organizer"...and damn if he didn't organize this project.  Just before my parents arrived I asked him if he could find a place for our poop to go, since where it had been going isn't really working out so well any more (don't ask). "But not until my parents are gone", I said.  Mom and dad left Thursday, this is how it looked on Friday afternoon.


Isn't that the nicest looking septic tank you've ever seen?  Here, look again...
Here's me giving it a thumbs up

And a high five...
'Course it's not actually hooked up to the toilet yet, but this is a step in the right direction, I think.  I feel hopeful

I was actually so excited about it that I did my annual ironing session outside just so I could look at it between blouses.

So friends, here's to no more blog posts about reconnecting shit tubes with duct tape.  Cheers.

PS.  Can you believe that I actually received 3, count 'em, THREE requests that I forward pictures of my new septic tank?   I won't name names, you guys know who you are.   I mean, I'm excited about it but it's my shit.  Do most people get excited about sewage and I'd just never realized it until I organized my own?


1 comment:

  1. You're the only person I know on land who gets excited about black water. It's a big topic of conversation on ships at sea, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete