Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So, I went to the post office yesterday.  Does it seem to you guys that I spend a lot of time at the post office?  I don't really.  Interesting things just seem to happen when I go there, thus you hear about every visit I make.  Perhaps next time I'm lacking blog fodder I can just go mail a letter or something.

So, as I was saying, I went to the post office yesterday.  Do you remember Colombo and Nucia, the unofficial king and queen of Maberga? Well, they were there, too, waiting.  I noticed that Colombo had both his feet wrapped and he was holding a cane.  Apparently Colombo is having feet problems.  We discussed this for a while.  I won't bore you with the details, mainly because I didn't understand anything they were saying.

After hearing about the feet, there was a slight lull in the conversation.  Being one who is uncomfortable with such silences, I quickly thought of a topic.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you guys...I have a cousin who wants to get married in Maberga.  Would that be possible?"

Damn if that wasn't just the thing to jump start a conversation with these two!  Nucia, who was born in Maberga and lived there until the young and handsome Colombo swept her away to the big city, Taggia, almost cried.  Her face lit up like a light bulb!  Yeah, ok...bad writing.  I've got you guys picturing a weeping light fixture.  My point was she was very excited about the idea.  Her first comment was, "I hope that Colombo's feet are better for the wedding."

Colombo, more stoically and like the man who gets shit done that he is said,  "Well, we can't decide that.  We'll have to ask Don Antonio.  I'll do that for you."

Remember Don Antonio?

Nucia and Colombo weren't sure if Don Antonio would agree...he's got bad feet too.  Remember?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNCnG9fHlIT_iQZFjXRPhFXkx3rJ3eRTKJOEXSO5j6Dg4SFMCKscSNNKR5FA2XYDGqiFQbcEtVgjZQMbSb1ShQFhQ-ZA1ud1TKKTAtCN4Cha7r-gXiYbFWvA8rHCfS1l9XY9GNPg/s320/priest+arriving.jpg


Just in case you readers are thinking that I just made this whole wedding thing up, I didn't, really.  Remember Bumpy and Doug?   While they were visiting last September I suggested that they get hitched in Maberga.  Doug was all over the idea and proposed on the spot.  I won't share the intimate words that he said, but I can tell it was very touching.  We laughed about the idea for a while and then opened another bottle of wine.

Bumpy and Doug...the ball is rolling now.  You HAVE TO do it.

I see your future and it's beautiful.

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhMqTq004bFkl80WzdGyz9I4ziQFLPC6TK2suxf0LVkIUjotldEb7DhELJEYuUieJTty9OG5jO5x93VKbW8HUL1tHrBmX6U4Elk41szj8nwRYVZpbgyTfmj_E6kaoPU1EgUwXibPg/s400/IMG_0222.JPG





No comments:

Post a Comment