Saturday, October 08, 2011

Hi all. Some technical difficulties in Maberga.  So it seems that my two years have expired, meaning I needed to buy a new computer.  I'm not sure why my computers only last two years but they do.  My guess is that they breathe too much dog hair.  Yeah, I'm blaming the dogs.  The dogs ate my homework.


I have so much to write now that I don't know where to begin.  So instead of boring with "catch up" stuff that I would just write in some list form that would be so totally uninteresting that I'd be embarrassed to hit 'publish', I'll just focus on the one thing. 


Happy Birthday, Dad. 

A few years ago, when I used to do regular birthday posts, I shared a haiku that I had written for my dad's birthday.  At that time I promised more info about my dad to come each year with new haikus.  Well, I stopped writing haikus.  I don't know why.  They are seriously fun to write...'specially when you only do one of the three required verses.

I'm back...


Happy Birthday, Dad.  Here's your 2011 haiku.


Anthony, my dad.
In the winter of his life.
Or so he thinks...so.


Happy Birthday, Dad.  You're still my first pick for teams for football in the backyard.



Of course, I must also say that grandma, at almost 101, is my second pick.





















1 comment: