Thursday, April 28, 2011

mother

Dear Mom,

I'm writing to let you know now that I'm already thinking about Mother's Day. Yes, it's true, I have been a bit, um, shall we say, negligent in the past in celebrating my one-and-only favorite mom (Laurie, if you are reading this, I don't care what you say...she IS my mom, as well as yours - so you say). I just want you to know that I'm planning ahead this year.

I'm also telling you this now, in case, you know, on the outside chance that on the actual Hallmark ordained day I happen forget to tell you I think you're wonderful and deserving of some kind of special gift you'll know that my intentions were good.

In addition, I promise NOT to make you a set of these.

your loving daughter,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Mother's Day. I can't send my Mom a card any more, but I sure do think about her a lot.

    Ooooh,I just got that link to load! The first thing that popped up was a mixer. I have my Mom's Sunbeam Mix Master and still use it. :) It must have been a reverse Mothers' Day gift.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog on Mother's Day.....
    Hugs from Pecetto,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete