Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time passes

Guess what happened today in Maberga...



Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Some of you readers are new here and don't know of this famous Maberga annual event.

Today is the Festa of San Antonio.



San Antonio is the patron saint of Maberga. Every town in Italy has their own. He is ours.

I know this because Donatino told me so...and it says so here as Donato was reading to me in Latin (which was easier for me to understand than the dialect he usually speaks to me in)...



Once a year all the real Mabergini gather to celebrate...



Everyone pitches in a hand...









We have a mass...













And then we eat and drink together.










Old friends meet again...













I learned today that those two Mabergine gals were inseparable from birth until they were 20. Two beautiful women catching up and sharing new Maberga memories.

And some new friends pass time together...





And some of you veteran OliveKnitting readers will remember her...



Time passes. Another year in Maberga. As so many people asked me today. It's now going on 7 years "since the Americans" came.

Each year I learn new things for example....

who knew that La Carla is the niece of the priest

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous event! Thank you for taking us along. The images are really terrific, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. This looks and sounds very eucharistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What incredible faces - and hands - and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 years, no way. It seems like just a couple of years ago you guys were looking at that property.
    Hope you had another great Festa of San Antonio.
    EarleinDenver

    ReplyDelete