Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hi friends, sorry for the lack of posts. We've been without internet as we were having it switched over....high speed has arrived in Maberga! I know, I know, I can hardly believe it either. Next thing you know, I'll be telling you we have running water.

Many thanks for all the concerned emails about our safety re: the earthquake. We are quite a bit north of where it happened so were unaffected...unaffected unless you count our concern for the people who are living through this difficult time.

David is off today to start his work season...that is if you call eating, drinking and cycling through Tuscany work. You can of course expect many blog posts to come, hopefully beginning in a day or two. While I do have high speed internet now, I will be a few days without a computer (sometimes the cosmic sense of humor is just too much). David is taking his work computer with him and the mac is currently in the shop getting a clean up from a most unfortunate run in with a cup of coffee.

Stay tuned....

4 comments:

  1. oh, i am glad you're safe... it horrible what people there are going through...
    let's have some more posts then:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys are okay. Since you happen to live on a steep hill miles above the valley floor.
    Glad to hear you got broadband, it's so much better than dialup. Maybe when you get your computer back you can see what I mean.
    Best of luck - EarleandMary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that you're not shakin and slidin. How's the fence ? Probably driving the dog's crazy. Glad to hear that the Italians have finally found that satellite link for high speed internet, next thing you know, they will discover how to run a water pipe down to Maberga!!
    Wayne & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:20 AM

    I've been looking to see if you have had any activity on facebook and haven't so I was concerned... then I remembered your blog. Glad I checked it, the post about your gate, really made me giggle outloud! I am glad you are ok!

    Carrie D, MN

    ReplyDelete