Saturday, October 18, 2008

Proper Italian timing...

Here in Italy there's a joke always connected to deadlines. When someone says that they will, for example have your car fixed by Monday, you always respond, "which Monday?" Or, "your bathroom will be finished by Christmas." "Which Christmas?" You get the picture.

In my last post I mentioned that I'd write more when I got back on Sunday. "Which Sunday?" would have been the proper response. I've been back for almost a week now.

And, as promised I will write on Sunday...that gives me another day, or week, or even several weeks, really.

Just kidding...I'll be back just as soon as I've recovered from the great time I had with my folks. Which just might be tomorrow...Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    So are you back ? Did you bring a husband with you ?
    How was the trip with the folks ?
    Weather cooling down ? 84 Degrees in San Diego today (and no fires)
    Love,
    Wayne & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Hi Lynn,
    Sorry to post this on your blog, but I can't find your email address. Just wanted to let you know that my Dad passed away last week. Kind of suddenly. We're all very sad, but happy for the time we had with him.
    Hope all is well with you.

    Nancy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. in portugal, we have that exact same joke... and the worst thing... everyone is like that - late!
    hahahahah

    ReplyDelete