Thursday, March 22, 2007

Family

So, I think I’m ready. If the family walked into the house now…it would be ok. The fridge is clean, the floors are washed, there are clean sheets on all the beds, everything’s been dusted or at least spit shined (including my shoes), and David has done a bunch of stuff outside that I appreciate but couldn’t really list.

But they aren’t walking in the door. About now they are boarding a plane. Then there are the days we will spend in Tuscany.

Sometime around Wednesday they will enter the house. After our Australian pal spends the weekend, a Calabrian pal comes 3 times a day for 3 days to tend to the dogs, and of course, after the two dogs have spent 5 days without us in the house.

Everything I have done to prepare the house has been for naught. Oh well. Who cares, they are family.

Yep, they are family and I can’t wait to see them. And I’m blessed and honored that they are taking the time, energy and money to visit me so far away.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:58 AM

    Yes you are blessed. Great family, husband, house and friends. Don't worry about the small stuff, like how clean the house will be. Enjoy yourself, you could be visiting Philadelphia instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish your parents our best wishes from kenmueller40inmontana. They are the best. My wife is getting suspicious because I throw in an occasional knitting term in our conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Hello Lynn-
    Give my regards to the whole Serpe/Kling clan. I hope you are all having a great visit and that Tony especially is calm, relaxed and having fun.

    Take care -
    Ellen Burling

    ReplyDelete