Friday, January 12, 2007

I haven’t really written about knitting in a while, and well, since this is supposed to be a knitting blog, here’s some knitterly blogging….

1. My friend, Betty is having a baby soon. She’s a really good friend. This is how you can tell:

Yep. I’m actually “weaving in the ends” as the pattern says. So I spent the better part of the day “weaving in the ends” - by the way, whenever I read that phrase in a pattern, the voice in my head reading it is like that which would come from the mouth of the oldest, meanest, elementary school librarian you can think of.

For those non-knitters among my readership...see each one of those strings in the picture? Each one needs to get threaded on a needle and then woven into the fabric of the knitting. If you were wondering if you could do more than one at a time or just cut them all off....the answer is NO. If you were wondering if you could tie them into knots, the answer is yes, but it's cheating. I am going all out on this one. What the hell, it’s her first kid.

2. Did you know that you cannot buy English yarns in Italy. Well, it’s not a law or anything (as far as I know) …it’s just, well, freaking impossible to find them in yarn shops. I desperately need some Rowan or Debbie Bliss and it’s just not possible. I had to order it from England. I’m thinking it’s a mafia controlled thing. They get their hands on all the big vices.

3. Ummmm…number 1 and number 2 were about all the knitterly news I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment