Wednesday, December 27, 2006

“Happy Blog-iversary to me, Happy blog-iversary to me, Happy”…. etc, etc.

Thank you, thank you. Yes, it was 1 year ago today that I posted the first entry to OliveKnitting.

What? It seems a lot longer than that?

Yes, I know. That’s just because I do a lot of CONCENTRATED living. It’s like my life is that can of OJ you have in the freezer. Just add some internet and you have your daily recommended requirement of _________, um, well, I don’t know what. You will have to fill in that blank.

What? You want to know how I spent this really special day?

Thanks for asking. I’ll tell you the same I told all the paparazzi snapping photos and the reporters pelting me with the same question all day long. It was a normal day – I cleaned the dog vomit from the bedroom floor, washed the mold out from behind the shelves in the bathroom, did some grocery shopping, and tried to knit something without making a gauge swatch. It was just a normal day, well except that nothing broke.

What? You say you’re embarrassed because you forgot to send my blog-iversary present?

Oh, friends, don’t worry. There’s still time! I think blog-etiquette gives you up to 6 months to send a blog-iversary gift. And, listen, since most of you are reading this in North America…hell! The post offices are still open there! Checks and/or beautiful yarns of vibrant colors and natural fibers are always welcome and can be sent to: Regione Maberga 29, Taggia (IM) 18018, Italy. *

So now it is time for me to say thank you to everyone who has given me such positive feedback about the blog, to all of you who post comments, and all of you guys who read this stuff that I don’t even know about. Thanks. Here’s to 2007!


* I was just kidding about the checks, but not about the yarn.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Happy blog-day to you.
    Happy blog day to you.
    Happy Bolg-day, dear Lynn.
    Happy blog day to you!

    From wintery Colorado, where having dug out from 27' of snow last week (shut down DIA for 45 hours and scrambled the national aviation ssytem), we are bracing for another 20-24" of the white stuff tonight and tomorrow. Ah, for a lounge chair on the beach in Italy!

    Merry Christmas (belatedly) and Happy New Year.

    Mike and Little Blue

    ReplyDelete